Saturday, October 15, 2011

Rattlesnake Cliffs

Last Sunday (10/9) we went to Moosalamoo State Park again for our hike, and did the Rattlesnake Cliffs Trail. It was a beautiful day and a beautiful hike. The view at the top of the trail was so amasing. The foliage wasn't quite yet at its peak, but it was still pretty nice.

These two photos are actually from Middlebury.





The bridge leading to the Rattlesnake Cliff Trail. I love the yellow!



The colours in the forest were sooo beautiful. Combined with the morning light it made an ethereal glow. Just fantastic.











At one point during on the trail you could see a sneak peek of the view to come.









The view from the cliffs. That is Lake Dunmore, and I'm not sure what town is beyond that - if it's Brandon or Middlebury or some other town.




Very faintly you could see the mountains in the distance. I'm not sure what direction we were facing, but if it was west, then those are most likely the Adirondacks of NY.





I loved the light on this plant.




Love love the light in this photo.



It's amasing how much of a difference 4-5 days makes during foliage season. These mountains were full of reds, oranges, and yellows only a few days later, instead of the small smattering here.




I cannot express enough how much I enjoyed the light and shadow going on in the morning. So beautiful!


While I was off taking pictures, my Rip Van Winkle here rested under a shady tree.




No comments:

Post a Comment